Shrewsbury Town in the Community have teamed up with local businesses; Dyke Yaxley, Salop Leisure and Trek Bikes Shrewsbury to create the STITC Shropshire 3 Peaks Challenge.
The STITC Shropshire Three Peaks event will be great for both beginners and experienced athletes looking for a new challenge in the Shropshire countryside on 19th May combining cycling and walking in one event.
Starting at The Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium the course will cover a 45 mile cycling route, plus the hike up the 3 peaks of Pontesford Hill, The Lawley & The Wrekin before finishing with dinner and drinks at Salop Leisure’s exclusive ‘Love2Stay’ venue. For those wishing to just complete the walk up the peaks limited transport will be provided to take you to the base of each peak. For cyclists we will have marshals safeguarding your bikes as you climb each summit.
Entry fee £25 per person & a minimum fundraising target of £30 per person, with the event taking place for teams of between 3-6 people (for safety reasons).
The entry fee includes;
- Water and snacks throughout the event
- Light refreshments after climbing your second peak
- Pizza and a drink hosted by Salop Leisure after the event, families welcome to join.
- Chris Skitt Physiotherapy recovery massage after the event at Salop Leisure
- Goody bag with discounts from TREK
- Event t-shirt
- Participant medal
- Trophies and prize awarded to the fastest cycling / walking team
- Mechanics and medical support
Our partnership with TREK Bikes will offer the below to participants of the event;
- 5% off all sale items
- 12% off all new bikes
- 20% off all accessories, clothing and parts
Don’t own a bike? – limited hire bikes available from TREK Bicycles Shrewsbury
Further instructions will be sent to entrants in regards to the route, teams safety, event rules and details of your start times which will be staggered between 9am and 10.30am
Do you think you are up to the challenge? If so, sign your team up below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.