In partnership with the FA and Premier League Primary Stars, we’re hosting free CPD training for teachers, trainee teachers and HLTA
This 6-hour programme will consist of 4 workshops focusing on ‘Holistic Development’ ,’Learning Through Games’, ‘High-Quality Teaching & Learning in PE’ and ‘Mapping a PE Curriculum’. This training will work on a first come, first serve basis as places are limited.
The workshop will provide practical examples which will enable learners to develop their knowledge, understanding and application of:
- Physical Education being more than just physical and technical development of pupils
- Learning domains and The FA 4 Corner Model.
- Using a ‘Learning Through Games’ approach to create a fun and engaging PE environment
- Using games with a clear purpose linked to aims of your curriculum
- Using games to promote learning across all 4 corners
- How games can be used in a variety of combinations to form your lesson structure
- Creating a positive learning environment for all pupils
- Managing differences in PE lessons
- Embedding Assessment for Learning strategies into PE lessons
- National Curriculum PE linked to your own school values
- How to design a curriculum map that aims to consistently deliver high-quality PE
- How to develop physical literacy alongside football-specific skills