We will be holding open training sessions for Girls throughout June with the aim of aiding the development of women’s and girls’ football across Shropshire.
The sessions will all be held at our community facilities at Montgomery Waters Meadow and will give girls a chance to develop their skills and receive support from our coaches. Following the open training sessions, if we see anyone excel during the training session, there will be opportunities to progress into the Shrewsbury Town in the Community Girls Squads to help develop the Shrewsbury Town female pathway.
Shrewsbury Town in the Community’s Women’s and Girls Officer, Sian Jones say that, “the training sessions will aim to get girls involved with football who may have been inspired by Women’s World Cup which will be taking place at the same time. We hope this will increase awareness of the footballing opportunities available to girls in Shropshire and help to grow the women’s game.”
The sessions for the following age groups will take place at the Community Football Hub
- U8s – Tuesday 2nd July – 6pm – 7pm
- U9s – Tuesday 2nd July – 6pm – 7pm
- U10s – Tuesday 2nd July – 6pm – 7pm
The sessions for the following age-groups will take place on the Community Pitch
- U11s – Saturday 22nd June – 9:30am – 11:00am
- U12s – Saturday 22nd June – 9:30am – 11:00am
- U13s – Saturday 22nd June – 11:15am – 12:45pm
- U14s – Saturday 22nd June – 11:15am – 12:45pm
- U16s – Saturday 22nd June – 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Sign up for the sessions here