On 7th September Shrewsbury Town in the Community will be holding our first ever Junior Takeover event during the Peterborough United game at Montgomery Waters Meadow.
The day will give the Junior Shrews members a chance to step into the shoes of several important matchday workers to find out what their jobs are during a Shrewsbury Town home-game and how they all come together to make a matchday possible. Junior Shrews members will apply for which role they would like a behind the scenes look at, explaining why they think they would be suited to it using the form below. The winners will being informed by 2nd September.
Each winner will also receive x2 tickets for the game (including a ticket for themselves).
See the full list of role available and what they involve below:
- Ball Retriever – 2 places available
- Meet the ball retrieving team for the match day briefing
- Sign in, receive your badge and kit and join the team at the game
- Stadium Announcer – 1 place available
- Shadowing the Stadium Announcer, one Junior fan will be on the mic, helping to announce the team news and will have a unique view of the match from the PA Room!
- Physio Assistant– 1 place available
- Meet our first team physio, help set up equipment.
- Meet the players have a medical briefing with doctors, paramedics & stretcher team
- Assist the physio with treatments for the players before the warm up.
- Grounds Person – 2 places available (aged 10+)
- Meet before the game and help to check the pitch on a pre-match walk, check the goals and the corner flags.
- Watch the game with your family then meet the ground person at half time to help get the pitch ready for the 2nd half.
- Kit Assistant – 1 place
- Join the Kit man in this behind the scenes role, working pre-match to help set up the dressing room for the first team. This person will be responsible for ensuring players kit is set up in the correct place with the right boots!
- Ticket-Office Assistant – 1 place
- Spend some time in the ticket office before the game, meeting fans and arranging their tickets
- Shrewsbury Town in the Community Media – 1 place
- Join the Shrewsbury Town in the Community match day media team helping to take photos of the pre-match activity including the kids zone, the mascots and the match day experience
- Shrewsbury Town Media – 2 places
- These two fans will be a key figures across all of Shrewsbury Town’s digital platforms.
- Throughout the match, they’ll be updating Social Media, distributing team sheets to the press, writing a match report, and taking in post-match interviews.
- Security & Safety Assistant – 1 place
- Take part in the security pre-match stadium walk, take part in the stadium security briefing and watch the match from a VIP seat in the control room
Good luck to all, we can’t wait to read your entries!