Shrewsbury Town in the Community is excited to appoint a dedicated and experienced NCS Coordinator to support with the delivery of its National Citizen Service Programme.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a Government-backed programme that helps young people build skills for work, life and the transition into adulthood. It invites young people to be the best they can, whatever their background and ambition. NCS aims to promote a more cohesive, responsible and engaged society by bringing young people from different backgrounds together to make a positive impact in their communities.
As an NCS Coordinator, you will organise and lead NCS delivery in Shrewsbury and surrounding areas. Your primary responsibilities will be overseeing and supporting young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and enabling them to engage, participate and develop within Shrewsbury Town in the Community’s NCS programme.
This is a pivotal role within our NCS team, giving you the opportunity and scope to be creative, recruit young people and be part of an amazing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build awareness of the NCS programme, amongst 16 and 17-year-old students across secondary schools, sixth forms, colleges and youth groups through assemblies, group work and other events. Engage and recruit eligible young people onto all NCS programmes.
- Assist young people and their parents/guardians throughout the process from initial application to the start of the activities through to completion of the programme. This will include parent’s evenings, written communication, telephone calls and some home visits to more vulnerable young people who may need the support.
- To identify and link with our key programme partners to secure practical support for residential weeks and social action weeks.
- Link with local universities, colleges and youth organisations to identify, recruit and train cohort mentors to deliver the structured activities.
- Continue the positive and successful relationships with the English Football League Trust, Reed and the NCS Trust, ensuring all administrative duties are completed in a timely manner and submitted to a professional standard.
- Establish an innovative and co-ordinated timetable of activities for each group of 15 young people, ensuring the programme hits all requirements set out.
- To maintain good rapport and discipline among the young people involved and safeguard both their health and safety both when they are on the Trust premises and when they are engaged in activities elsewhere.
- Work with the NCS Team to successfully fulfil the aims and objectives throughout the recruitment process. This includes regular sign up reviews, analysing recruitment strengths and weaknesses, provide community wide updates.
- To act in accordance with Trust corporate objectives and policies and seek to promote them. To ensure the Designated Safeguarding Officer is informed immediately of any concerns relating to safeguarding in relation to the young people on programme.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online Breathe HR application form and upload a copy of your Cover Letter & CV when prompted on the application.
Application Form Link: https://shrewsburytowninthecommunity.breathehr.com/v/ncs-coordinator-13335
Interviews will take place on Friday 11th September 2020 & Monday 14th September 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year (Depending on Experience)
Application’s Close Date: Monday 7th September 2020, 5pm.